Friday, March 18, 2011

My Journey to Fashion...

It maybe has never been a secret that I have not an ounce of fashion sense inside of my body... Yes, I am a woman and I am suppose to have fashion sense but I was not blessed with it. I have prayed for years that someone would be kind enough to just nominate me for What Not To Wear... okay, don't do that. I think I would die from humiliation.

With the recent events that have occurred in my life, my entire view of myself has changed. I have truly begun to love myself. In years past, I have very infrequently (to never) had a shopping day just for me. I never bought myself clothes or shoes, quite frankly my mind set was that I shouldn't do for myself when I have a child and a husband to do for.

Lesson #565 on the road to redefining Beth: You must first love yourself, and provide for yourself before anyone else can feel your love.

My solution to Lesson number #565... begin to love myself, and to provide for myself as well. This in no way means that I have slacked off on what I am providing for AGB.. she will never do without, that is a given. But I have started to do little things for myself. I do make sure that what I purchase for me is always on sale... it makes me feel a little better, and I don't make it a daily habit for the benefit of my bank account.

My first purchase for me was a pair of Sperry's Top-Siders... Oh, how wonderful they are, and how I have always wanted a pair. THEN:



TA-DA!!!!!

I am SO excited about this dress. It is in the mail as we speak... along with these Merrills I found on sale.... AAAHHHHH... I may be getting a sense for fashion after all.




My favorite online sites to shop these days you ask? Check them out for yourself... I have not been disappointed yet. Let's hope it stays that way :D

www.6pm.com
www.modcloth.com

1 comment:

Beeps said...

Ooh that dress is CUTE! I'm looking for some summery dresses myself. But I always have trouble finding ones that fit well! I'll definitely look into the sites you suggested ;)