Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Naturally....

Any time that I am feeling under the beaten path, and not traveling on it... I look to this beauty. Wednesdays are difficult, as I don't get done with lessons until 6:00 p.m.... meaning I can't pick AGB up from school and I get limited time with her.

Every week I try to do something with AGB that is special for the two of us. Sometimes it involves just going to dinner, or ice cream. Sometimes we do art projects, or it may be that we read five books before we go to bed.

This evening, AGB came running through the house with her Stepping Stones box... Yep, one of those make it yourself out of pour and mix with gems and glitter and every color paint you could imagine. I would have avoided this so involved project at the peak of bed time this evening.. but her baby blue eyes and golden smile and excitement that only a child can obtain got the best of me. And the best part was that when asked to get in the bath and dry her hair and put on her pajama's all previous to her finding her Stepping Stone box, she did it ALL with no fuss and the first time I had asked. There was no denying this project tonight.

Currently, the stone is setting up. And I am sure that I will not hear the end of it until we paint the stone every color of the rainbow, however, it was just the extra minute of time that I needed tonight with my angel here on earth. It was worth the ten minutes late to bed time.

So naturally, she is what brings a smile to my face every day.

1 comment:

Beeps said...

Sounds like you made a good call, mom! I mean, who can resist baby blues, anyway?!