Monday, February 28, 2011

A Road to Nationals...

Coaching and horses is in my blood the way swimming comes naturally to a dolphin. When I first began riding at my alma mater, Virginia Tech, one of the first things my coach, T (Teresa) McDonald asked me was "What do you want to do when you graduate?" My response.... "I want to coach college equestrian." I fondly remember that she laughed.

With the determination of an ox, I began my path to coaching. Every job I have held along the way of my career has brought it's own forms of success, challenges, frustrations, pride, and stress. What I thrive on the most is to see the utter excitement and sence of accomplishment that my riders have when they succeed. Proud barely begins to describe how I feel when this happens.

This season, our BC equestrian team has clenched the Regional Championship... what does this mean? We will be competing in the Zone Championships with the possiblity of continuing our quest to the IHSA National Championship hosted at the Kentucky Horse Park in May.

I wanted to post this to take the opportunity to announce how proud I am of our riders and program at BC. The students have worked tremendously hard and are so deserving of this accomplish.

On April 10th, everyone throw up a wish and watch our BC riders take us on the road to Kentucky!

No comments: