Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring Break!

Today I returned to work from a much needed week off. A week off where my daily tasks were to determine what it was that I wanted to do. I had no schedule and only made the plans that I wanted. That was bizarre....... Since when do I do things for myself?

So what did a week in The Life of What Beth Wanted To Do consist of?

Monday :
Painting a martini glass in preparation to celebrate Saint Patricks Day.

Tuesday :
I cleaned, and cleaned, and washed clothes... only because I wanted to.

Wednesday :
A bubble bath... with a glass of wine... on a rainy day = Total Bliss!

Thursday :
Shopping Therapy at Kohl's.... AAHHH, lunch with a dear friend and a night out. Much needed and very fun :D

Friday :
A house to myself = Watching movies all day

Saturday :
Visiting my sister and family in NOVA... A day at Harpers Ferry and homemade ice cream at a local dairy... Delicious!

Sunday :
Driving home.. Riding the pony with AGB and a late night movie... the movie was awful.. but it made for a good laugh!

Of course during my days of spring break I was able to emerge myself in what it is that I really wanted to do. It's interesting because I sometimes feel guilty doing these things. I feel like I should make every moment of my life about AGB sometimes... and I shouldn't feel that way, which makes me feel even more guilty.... Oh what a double edge sword!

I am slowly beginning to learn Lesson #454 :
You have to love and like yourself first, which means sometimes it's okay to do things for you.

I have grown so much in the last years of my life. This may be one of the hardest lessons I have had to learn.

2 comments:

Beeps said...

I must admit... I'm dying to know what that horrible late-night movie was! I'm glad you had such a wonderful Spring break :)

Beth said...

HAHA!!! It was Red Riding Hood.... I was SO disappointed :( I am always so happy to hear from you!!!
XOXO