Saturday, January 29, 2011

Snow, snow go away...

With winter gracing us so pleasantly with year, I have come to learn a few important things.

The "show horses" with their body clips and their blankets.
1. I'm pretty sure we can't get away from the cold anymore... Even Florida is not safe.
2. By this time next year the barn MUST be closed in... Snow in the barn only makes more work for me! As you see from Exhibit A above... "the snow runs through it (much less the river)".
3. Tractors almost being fixed doesn't do me much good.... Doesn't "almost" only count in horse shoes and hand grenades?

The young and old horses braving the weather.
4. It is essential that you have good "strong" friends who can help in a pinch.... if it wasn't for Jared and Ethan the young and old horses would have not gotten their round bale during the big storm! Picture this... me pushing the round bale by myself (because the tractor "almost" works).... they just saved me 2 hours work and four days laying in bed!
5. I am NOT cut out for cold weather. I'm pretty sure that I shouldn't admit this... but I have not gone a day without long-johns on.. that can't be good for my skin!
6. Snow days are not conducive to my occupation... our college was the ONLY school that did not get a snow day, much less a delay. Maybe I should rethink and go teach high school/middle school so that I can spend my snow days with my snow bunny (AGB).

AGB as the snow bunny, sporting her pink VT hat.
7. Bundling up to go sledding takes more time then the actually amount of time you will spend outside! (See Exhibit C above).
8. Sledding is HARD work!!! (Pictures to follow soon)
9. The laughter you hear during said sledding adventure is worth the time it takes to get dressed even if it is less time than you will actually spend outside.

AGB soaking up the sun... and the sand!
10. This is more like it.... See Exhibit D above. Summer can not get here fast enough.

No comments: